Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm not dead yet!

That is, I have not received my "socks of doom" yet. What on earth am I talking about? I entered Sock Wars 2006. Last week, I quickly knit up some lovely socks...almost. I was at the toe decreases for the second sock (mere days after the wars had begun), when I realized that I had forgotten to decrease at the beginning of the gusset and had to rip the sock out back to the end of the heel flap. Note the green yarn I put in to un ravel to. From there I carefully went backward to the very beginning of the gusset and re-knit the entire foot.

My frustration with myself impacted my motivation a bit, but I did eventually finish the socks and sent them off to my target in Scotland. She has been great to correspond with, so I feel a little bit bad for killing her. Hopefully the Jeager superfine merino will make up for it. She has already "socked" her target, and has forwarded her target's unfinished socks on to me. I hope to finish them off and send them to their intended target, before I receive a pair of socks to knock me out of the game. I really liked the socks I knit, so I am looking forward to my demise in the form of pair of socks (of doom).

2 comments:

Emily said...

Those are nice socks you've knit there. I know I'm jealous, so I'm sure your victim will enjoy them as well!

Anonymous said...

There was a bit of confusion about whether I was dead or merely wounded, but your socks will be winging their way to my assassin who'll get them to you soon, no doubt.

Shame I got caught on the hop as I've been enjoying the socks... am tickled to find that we've both chosen very similar colours to knit the socks of doom in!