Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Birthday, Denver

Denver is my beautiful little black dog. While Jack is a star, with his exuberance and all the troubles and mishaps he gets in to, Denver is my sweet old lady. I adopted her from the Denver Dumb Friends League over 12 years ago. At the time, they said she was about 10 months old, so I estimated her birthday to be at the end of October. That makes Denver 13 years old. She has a lot of gray on her muzzle and paws, her eyes are a little cloudy and she has some arthritis. With a little medication to minimize her pain, this dog is happy, alert and willing to play hard with 4 1/2 year old dorky Jack. She is in wonderful condition and should be around for years more. I love this little dog. She has been my best friend, always by my side, always there for me.


1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Denver! How lovely and photogenic you are :)