Thursday, September 28, 2006

Catch Up Time

Sorry, Dear Readers, that I have posted so infrequently, and not at all recently. The house remodel has provided so much rich material for blogging, that I am overwhelmed! Both by trying to decide what to write about first, and by dealing with everything that is coming up. Basically, I'm not sure what the House inspection was for, because it sure didn't find the problems with this house! And there are some MAJOR ones! They come up so quickly and then snowball out of control and, well, I guess I just need to take a really deep breath... of nitrous oxide.

Basically we are spending a lot of money to heat our driveway, to get rid of the snow, because no one is willing to plow it due to the very steep slope. We knew of this problem going in, thinking that we could handle one issue to solve.

The "Chimney" project has caused us to replace an entire 6"x12" beam that had dry rot all the way through AND our entire fireplace has to be torn out and rebuilt. Then they can build a new chimney and finally seal off the roof. Goodbye, beautiful wall of granite:-( We just can't afford to rebuild you.

Have I mentioned that the foundation of the house is sinking? Basically the concrete that holds the major support posts (Tim says they are called "piers") are shaped like bullets. That is perfect, if you want to auger deeper into the ground. But we DON'T WANT TO!!!!! So now we have to fix the foundation.

These are just some examples of the fun I am having.

And then there is sock wars. I would have had my socks all done and mailed off to Edinburgh to kill my target. Except for my big dumb mistake. Oh well, I'm not out of it yet. I'll post on all of this in detail eventually. After I get my hands on some valium.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this, too, shall pass....

Anonymous said...

I'm what they would call a "lurker" and I just wanted to comment on the lack of posts...it makes lurking not so much fun.

Daisy said...

sorry, lurker, I'll try to post more frequently.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Daisy if my comment sounded rude. I was just saying that I visit your blog everyday and I enjoy reading it...but you haven't posted in almost 3 weeks. I apologize for offending you.

Daisy said...

dear Anonymous, I (surprisingly) wasn't being sarcastic. I didn't find your comment rude at all. I appreciate the feedback and any readers I have. Of course, then I went off to Cabo, where I got so sick and was even worse about posting. I really DO want to be better about posting, and appreciated your encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear there was no offense taken. Hope you are feeling better! I look forward to reading your "catch up time" part 2!!