Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Sweater for Jack

Tim's Parents are in town visiting us, and they brought a couple of sweaters. The sweaters had been a gift for Tim's Aunt and Uncle. They are really big and thick (the sweaters, not the relatives) so they (the relatives, not the sweaters) said they would not wear them and pawned the sweaters off on us. Well, we had the same issue with the sweaters. While I was off at lab, Tim had a light bulb moment and enlisted his mother for his secret plan. Upon my return, I asked where the guys were, and apparently was not given the entire answer. Then I found the forearm of one of those sweaters on the back of a chair, all by itself. I proceeded to question my Mother-in-Law more carefully and uncovered their plot. Here's what they were up to:




Why they were being sneaky about it, I have no idea. Tim was actually out getting some tape to for his mother to bind the rough cut edges of the sweater.

I introduce Jack, our 95lb great dane yellow lab mix. He should have been named Marmaduke. He is a big, strong whimp. Jack gets really cold in the harsh Seattle (indoor) winters. We often find him worshiping lying on the heating vents in our floors. I knit him a sweater last winter, but the measurements need some adjustment in future versions. Now, Jack has a new sweater, and Tim has a new career. First Tim is going to learn to sew. Then he will recycle people sweaters for dogs. He says he'll take the sewing machine to work and sew while waiting for flights. He plans to sell his sweaters online. Apparently "we" will also offer custom hand knit sweaters for dogs. In the summer, he will offer recycled T-shirts. Stay tuned as our online empire grows!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Okay, that is adorable! Great sweater, great looking dog, smart relatives...You know, I bet you COULD make money sewing dog sweaters! Love the moose...

Anonymous said...

When I first saw this, Daisy, I thought you had knitted a sweater for Jack. Wow! I thought, She must be winding up the science stuff! Fun Blog, it's the first I've ever visited!

Your Cous