Friday, November 10, 2006

SODs in Progress

Yeah! I found the person, Jaci, in sockwars that I should knit for! From her blog, I learned that she had tried to find her assassin but had given up. We're a perfect match! The gal who had been knitting for her (the target of the gal I killed 2 weeks back) hasn't gotten very far and says that it is "not very well done at all". Well, I say that my new target deserves a better death than that! Ok fine, I admit it, I also wanted to get started asap, and knit with nice soft yarn. Sockwars is over in 14 days and I want to send off another pair of socks first! So I started a fresh pair last night in Jaeger Extra Fine Merino. I love the stuff, it is so soft and wonderful to knit with! The Fiberphiles gave me great feedback on the pair I knit for my first target, Juliana in the same yarn (different color). Plus it is stash busting. I emailed Jaci some color options, then Emily came over to borrow my swift and ballwinder. I really wanted to get started last night, so I consulted with Emily and we decided on the turquoise. Then Jaci responded that she would like the turquoise! I love it when a plan comes together!

I must point out that Jaci has been very responsive, which has not always been the case in sockwars. I had not given her much time to respond. I just was being impatient. "No," you say, "that's not like Daisy!" teehee.
Well, better get knitting!

No comments: