Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Sock Wars update

I'm still alive! In Sock Wars, that is. Apparently there are people keeping excellent track of all this, and according to their spread sheet, I have survived to the last 13%! I am trying to get my next pair of SIPs (socks in progress) but have not heard back from the current target of the gal I killed over a week ago. I want to finish off another pair of socks. Those were so fast and easy, compared to the pair I'm working on now!

Meanwhile I have two projects on the needles (OTN).
1. Socks (on 2 circular needles) of KnitPicks Memories superwash merino. Colorway is Prairie something-or-other. These have nothing to do with sockwars, but I did begin them during the end of "Socktoberfest". Who knew there are so many events and things to keep up on in the world of knitting?




















2. Bell Cloche Hat from Monday,April 25, 2005 knitting calendar in Manos. I haven't got a clue of the colorway, if it even has a name. Notice that it is posing on our house plans from the civil engineer, which Tim brought home today. That happens to be the first level, about half of which is crawl space.

























I have finally finished the everlasting pomotomous socks. I'll have to take a picture and post. I also have several UFOs (un-finished projects) that I plan to wrap up in the near future. I'll keep ya'll updated.

Chicken Moment: By the way, the driveway heating is done, Tim has assured me. However, it doesn't work yet, because the electrical is not hooked up yet. Does that seem done to you? Tim seems to be getting used to "Tahoe Time" and much more relaxed about things taking longer than they should. Or maybe all his running around hecticly, paid off by getting things done before the snow comes. By the way, I looked it up and hecticly is a word.

The headache returned today, but I was really careful to head home ASAP (when my autoclave run was over) and take care of myself. I'm gonna beat this thing! Hmmm... well, not literally, that's my head were talking about! Anyway, it is feeling better now.

No comments: