Thursday, May 03, 2007

Windows

Below is a picture of the great room windows "before" And this is after the new windows were put in. One of the windows is not here yet. The two windows above the atrium doors will be replaced with one large one (just like the one on the right). And yes, that is snow on the deck. We had snow yesterday, but it's mostly all melted now.
And here is my workroom with it's new floor.
Salty's guys are cruising down the lower stairs with the quartzite tiles and should get started on the laundry room floor today. They expect to finish the downstairs hall/entryway tomorrow. Meanwhile the other tile company is tiling the guest bath (below)this morning and will then move upstairs to work on the master bath this afternoon. Jeff is trimming out all the new windows.
And for those of you who have been wondering if I've been knitting, I haven't. But last night, I cast on some basic toe up socks using STR "Fire on the Mountain" (medium weight) using Wendy's "Toe-Up socks with Gusset Heel" pattern. I was inspired by Emily, who tried this pattern a while back. I was waiting to see the finished pattern and what kind of heel she would use. I cast on 14 stitches, instead of 10, because my foot is so wide, plus my gauge is a bit small. I chose to continue using #2 needles, rather than go up to #3, because I prefer a tightly knit foot.

No comments: