Tuesday, May 29, 2007

electricians and painters and plumbers, oh my...

EVERYONE was at our house today. There were painters, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, heating guys, tile guys and granite installers. And those are just the ones I saw in a brief visit! The subs have to finish today (although at 1pm we had 0 toilets installed). Tomorrow the carpenters do their clean up and Thursday is carpet day. The we move in on Friday.

Here's what I estimate will NOT be done before move in:

1. Tile -There will still be a lot of tile to finish, both in the master bath and the kitchen, due to lack of tile (back order, ran out etc.).

2. Paint -I had a little trouble getting more paint for the master bedroom. I drove 1 1/2 hours (each way) to Auburn to get the paint (special designer stuff) and despite my calling ahead, they did not have the proper base paint. They will be delivering our paint tomorrow, I hope, but I don't know when they painters will put it on the walls. Also, there are a few areas that need to be fixed, paint-wise.

3. Some lighting -There are some light fixtures that I haven't seen yet. Not sure what the deal is on those

4. Plumbing fixtures -I'm quite sure they won't be done. I am still hoping to see a toilet installed, but will be surprised if we get more than one before Friday. Other fixtures are still lagging as well.

5. Shower glass -The glass guy was supposed to come last week to measure for the showers, but he cancelled. I haven't heard anything about rescheduling, but I know that they wanted us there, so I don't think he's been by yet.

6. External stuff -All the new windows have to be trimmed out on the exterior and in some cases, the siding has to be replaced. That is taking a back seat until the interior is done.

No comments: