Monday, May 07, 2007

windows and trim

I was thrilled this morning when I got to the house to find that the window above the bathtub has finally been installed! This is in our master bath, but of course the bath tub is still out in the back yard. The first time this window came in, it was the wrong size. The next time it came in, it was the wrong color. Then it came in half the right color and half wrong. When the window was finally right, we had some bad weather, so it had to wait some more. But today, it is in and the color is correct! Yippee!Most of the windows were all trimmed out, except for the center part when two windows were next to each other as in below. I guess they had to make some special wider piece of wood out of two smaller pieces. Anyway, I guess that was on today's "to do" list, because I saw the window all trimmed out in my work room (below). They put the baseboards in on Friday, so my room is almost done!
Below is some more trim. Jeff got some of the the baseboard in along with some of the vertical trim around the new windows in the great room. Check out the lower part next to the floor.
The quartzite tiles are all in downstairs, but it looks pretty bad mid-grouting, so I'll get a picture of the finished floor tomorrow.

No comments: