Monday, February 26, 2007

Spinning in the Snow

We've been pretty much snowed in for the last several days. We could go out, but why drive through near white-out conditions? We've got groceries so there is just no real reason. Actually, Tim has been going to sleep work each night, but that is about it. All work on our house has stopped. Neither the supplies, nor the workers can get there.

So, I've been spinning! Remember the picture I posted from Madrona, of the big red pile of combed wool top? Well, I've filled my first full bobbin (which looks quite pretty against the avocado carpet at our little cabin). I think I will make it 3-ply, so it should end up about a DK weight.. well, maybe sport. We'll see. I'm still a beginner, so I don't really know what it will end up like!
Once I finished that bobbin, I broke into my new shipment of Yak down! Chicken time: The package arrived on a day which brought us a couple feet of snow. Big kudos to UPS for getting it here on time! I have 3 colors, brown, gray and white (all natural), that I am randomly mixing. I learned to spin the Yak down at the Three Wild Downs class that I took at Madrona. It is super soft and a lot of fun to spin with. It is supposed to be very warm. I'm looking forward to knitting with it after plying.

No comments: