Monday, February 19, 2007

Excitement and Romance

I've been slacking on the blog. There haven't been a lot of interesting changes at the house. That's not to say that there hasn't been excitement... of the depressing kind. All the plumbing was done and they went to test the system and... nothing. No water. It had been off for months, and several weeks ago, the temps were very low for quite a while. It took about a week to get it dealt with and finally thawed out. So now we have water. The house was waiting to be inspected before the insulation and then the drywall covered up the walls. That was delayed while we waited for water. So the only work being done, was on the fireplace. That went really slow, but they promised me more activity this week. They were building the firebox, and they had to go slowly, allowing each layer to set before the next. This is how it looked over the weekend, but it has already grown a lot from today's work.
This week they are starting the stonework. They have promised me much more activity with all the cutting of stone and fitting and stuff.

Oh some other excitement for you: for Valentine's Day, we had a romantic day at the DMV, lines and all. We both took (and passed) our CA driver's license tests, and registered all 3 vehicles. There were a few hitches. The truck needed to take a side trip to the CHP to get weighed, and we had to hold our breath about the forerunner passing smog, but it all worked out in the end. Now I'm really back home, with a proper license plate on my car. I was still in the system, so I got my old driver's licence # back. I still have it memorized, so that's useful. My car and Tim's forerunner have almost the same plate #s, just one number apart, which seems kind of romantic, right?

Now that the house has been inspected, and the stonework activity is beginning, I should have more news to report soon.

No comments: