Friday, April 20, 2007

House Issues Part 2 continued: The Guest Room

I took a picture of the guest room to show the area I've been concerned about. The plan is to put a big beam across this room terminating in the soffit between the left and middle windows shown below.
The post to support this beam would be just inside the existing wall between those same two windows. Try as I might, I just couldn't picture it in a good way. The good news is that Jeff, my hero the foreman, couldn't either. He and Tim tore off some of the sheet rock between those two windows last night to see what could be done. And by the time we got over there this morning , we found the wall completely opened up, with a new plan to insert the post in the external wall! I am totally relieved.
They made room for the post! Or the saw did. I'm not sure where the heating duct that was inside the soffit will go, but I'm sure they have a plan for that, too. The post on the other side is going inside a wall as well. Below are my hero Jeff and John installing the post just below a 4"x12" beam.
The great room floor is now supported! Salty and his guys can keep up the great job they are doing. This is Greg, below.

No comments: