Friday, January 12, 2007

"The House"

I'm writing/posting from "the cabin" today. Tim and I keep saying "the house" to each other, which is totally non-specific, so it only confuses the listener. "The house" could mean any of three houses! There is "the house" we are currently living in, which I propose we call "the rental". Then, there is "the house" we own and will live in once the remodel is done. I will attempt to refer to it as "our house". Finally, there is "the house" that belongs to my family. Tim has been staying there for the last many months when working. I plan to refer to this as "the cabin". Got it? Good.

I have arranged to activate a second phone line in "the rental" and get DSL on it. This will be in our name, so that we can take it with us to "our house" when we move in. Right now, I am accessing the internet at "the cabin".

We will have our own DSL up on Tuesday, so it will be easier to post. Most of the framing is done at our house, so when I find the camera cable, I'll post some pictures.

For that potential interested reader (you know who you are), we only got a light dusting of snow the last couple of days, with no measurable accumulation. It has been really cold though, so the snow-making next door has been very active. The hill looks well covered -The Face is groomed and has no obstacles showing. The outside temp is 15.1 F at 1:30 PM.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Right! I would be the interested reader (I imagine). Glad to hear you're getting some snow - is this atypical, only having a little? God knows we've been getting it here - we didn't go skiing last weekend because there was too much! We even got a dusting in Seattle, but nothing (for me) to speak of...
When should we entertain the idea of coming down there?

Daisy said...

Actually, you aren't the one, but I guess we have more than one! Glad I included the info, then! It is a little atypical; less than usual for sure, but the big dumps often don't get going until about now anyway. Last year got a slow start too, but ended up being a huge year. We'll see. Making travel plans yet?

Jennifer said...

I understand your pain. Good luck getting things resolved ASAP! The Australian Open Draws are finished and look interesting at first glance. Should be a fun couple of weeks...