Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Big Metal Cross Beam Thing

The house continues to progress. As far as I can tell (which doesn't mean much) the framing is all done. The electrician is doing his thing and and we should have a final decision on the fireplace tomorrow.

The big news is that the Big Metal Cross Beam Thing is in. Yep, that IS the technical name for it. It spans across the opening to the stairwell from the great room and basically holds everything up. Since I can't take a picture to show you (i can, i just can't download it to my computer) I'll use my photoshop skills to draw it on the original architects sketch.



The big red stripe across the top of the sketch is the "Big Metal Cross Beam Thing". There is no longer a column/post in the middle of the opening, so it is totally opened up. We think it's pretty neat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems strange that you need that skimpy red zig zag piece there to hold up the Big Beam Thing... or is that just decorative?