Sunday, December 31, 2006

The heat is on, the heat is o-on...

OK, I'm not sure if the heat actually IS on, but it is IN! It might be on. The furnace is installed and all of the duct work is done. The last Tim and I spoke about it, the gas to the furnace had yet to be completed. I forgot to ask the status again. It's just that that Glenn Frey song kept playing in my head, so I had to put in in the title. We actually don't plan to have it "on the street", or "inside your head". OK, it's kind of in my head now, it seems.

Along the theme of the heat being IN, the window replacement has begun! We are replacing most of the non-custom windows in the house for several reasons:
1. To keep the heat IN!!!! We're putting in double-paned windows.
2. So they look better. The old ones are ugly.
3. Code. Most of the new ones are larger, so that people can climb out of them, if they need to. That way, if we ever have a kid, it'll be easier for him/her to sneak out. You could lump this into #2 as far as I'm concerned. Bigger windows, more light= better aesthetics in my book!

The moral of today's post is that we are making progress on the keeping the heat in, on several fronts. We are also going to put in a very efficient (at heating) fireplace and ceiling insulation, so that's how I justify the term "several".

No comments: