Thursday, August 02, 2007

I'm a slacker...

as a blog author. Well, there are more important things to do... like wake boarding. So, blame my dad for the nice birthday present! Actually, I hurt my knee that first day, and it hurt quite a bit for a couple of weeks ( even went to a doctor), so I waited for my knee to get better before I let Tim drag me behind the boat again. It's better now and we've been having fun playing in the water!

This blog is supposed to be about progress, and well, there hasn't been much of that. I have been working on the paper, which will be most of my doctoral thesis, but that isn't so exciting to blog about. For example, I went to Seattle in July, to pow-wow with my adviser, Dan, and it went quite well. I'm flying back up there next week, so there is real progress there. Who wants to hear that we've switched back to EndNote to manage the references? Dan wanted to use something else (web-based) that he thought was better, so we were using that, but then he realized that it wasn't as good as advertised, so now we are back to EndNote. I've added a bunch of references to the EndNote library for the paper. Whoop di doo. Are you fascinated to hear that when I was up in Seattle I got some info from my lab notebooks, so I was able to increase the detail on construction of a particular plasmid in the "Materials and Methods" section? And we've got a lot of data analyzed. Aren't you glad I haven't been blogging on this stuff? Most of all, writing a scientific paper just doesn't really make for good pictures.

The house is almost done, but things have been slow. I hear that is how it is at the end of a project. We finally got our front door, which was kind of a big deal, but I haven't got a picture of that yet. Now it is time for some decorating, which is happening slowly. I promise pictures of that soon.

No comments: