Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Drama is over...Woo-hoo!

Oops, I have taken longer than I meant to to update the blog. It took a while to recover from the emotional roller coaster this year started with. And we've had guests, and other life stuff.

The trip to the orthopedic oncologist went better than we could have imagined. The oncologist disagreed with the local docs and said that my tumor was not a GCT, and was not even serious at all. It is just an Enchondroma, which is a chunk of cartilage and nothing to worry about. All I have to do is get x-rays every six months for a couple of years and make sure it doesn't change. He doesn't think it should even be biopsied! From the beginning, I was told that I would need to have the tumor removed and get a bone graft, no matter what kind of tumor it was. This guy said there is no reason for that. He said I have probably had this thing most of my life, so if the structure of the bone was compromised, I would have broken it by now. I am FINE! Well, I still want to get the meniscus fixed, but for now, I am enjoying the fact that nothing has to be done.

And, Jack's diabetes is coming under control. Of course we have to keep an eye on him, and poke him with needles, but he is doing really well and has regained all the weight he lost.

Life is good!

No comments: