Sunday, August 27, 2006

My Penance

I was so dissapointed in myself for having lost that USB flash drive, that I gave myself penance. I went and got a new USB drive that is attached to a lanyard to be worn around the neck. I also attached my security card, so the whole thing would be too big drop without noticing. The security card came with a lanyard, but I always thought it was kind of dorky to walk around with it around my neck. I usually slip it in my back pocket. But now I must wear the whole dorky set up as my penance.

I was able to successfuly set up and run that plate (of the lost data) Sunday. I also made DNA preps from a bunch of samples (yeast cells). I know I said this blog wouldn't be about science, but I thought I'd post a picture of my DNA drying, so those of you who don't play with things like DNA regularly could check it out. Basically it looks like schmutz at the bottom of the tube and often on one side as well. In this picture, you can see the white pellets at the bottom of the tubes (they're upside down). Those are the ones that had the most cells in them.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love your drying DNA. Great idea, that rack to put the tubes on...now if only I could GET some DNA to dry...